RWK Services, Inc is currently hiring for a Staff Accountant for our Independence office. This position will be Monday-Friday from 8:30AM-5:00PM. Benefits include health insurance, company provided life insurance & Paid Time Off!
The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining, monitoring accounting information. Working under the supervision of the Controller, the Staff Accountant will:
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers; prepare and analyze budgets; and perform general bookkeeping.
- Billing activities, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Maintain Purchase Order Processing system.
- Manage employee credit card applications and charges.
- Prepare labels and maintain files as needed within the department.
- Assist with payroll system and payroll related items.
- Manage petty cash account.
- Assist in tracking and maintaining company insurance policies (except Employee Benefits).
- Assist with facility support and security issues.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time
1. At least 3 years experience in a Staff Accountant role
2. Knowledge of accounting standards, conventions and principles is a must, and so is good mathematical and number crunching skills
3. Good communication skills both verbal as well as written
4. Presence of mind, analytical thinking, logical thinking and multi-tasking abilities are some other essential qualities
5. QuickBooks and payroll experience is required