RWK Services, Inc. is currently hiring for a full-time Controller for our Independence office. Benefits include health insurance, company provide life insurance & Paid Time Off!
Responsibilities include maximizing return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
Controller Job Duties:
- Guides financial decisions and protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures, including subsidiary business activity.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by managing bank balances, transfers and cash flow.
- Oversees and completes proper processing of payroll.
- Monitors and ensures timely AR and AP activity and initiates corrective actions as needed to achieve budget objectives.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements, including ACA analysis, by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures labor, purchase and contract requirements; evaluating and negotiating costs and requirements.
- Assist in the evaluation and migration of mergers or acquisitions.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.Managing Processes, Quickbooks Enterprise, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management
Skills and Qualifications:
- Managing Processes, Quickbooks Enterprise, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience with progressively responsible experience for a corporation or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.